Your home is more than likely one of the most valuable assets that you have. Homeowners Insurance is designed to help protect your investment and you. Most people simply can’t afford to rebuild their home and replace everything in it if there is a disaster.
While the standard Home Insurance policy provides protection for your home, it normally will extend coverage to more than just the physical dwelling structure. Standard Home Insurance policies will safeguard your home against a multitude of hazards such as wind damage, fire, hail damage, theft, vandalism, tornadoes, hurricanes and thunderstorms. When it comes to a claim for damage from a covered peril your home insurance steps in to pay for either repairs or replacements so that you are not left with that financial responsibility. Below is a breakdown of some of the coverage that your Home policy may include:
- Dwelling – Your home and attached structures such as a deck or garage
- Other Structures – Detached structures on your property like a fence or shed
- Personal Property – Covering certain belongings such as furniture, electronics, appliances, clothing and more.
- You and Your Family – If you or a family member is found liable for damages to someone’s property or injuring someone then your policy has liability coverage that may help pay for repairs, legal fees or medical bills
- Visitors – If a guest at your home is injured you have Medical Payment coverage that may help pay for resulting medical bills.
- Additional Living Expenses – Your policy may help pay for temporary increased living cost, such as hotel bills, if you are unable to live at your home due to a fire or other covered claim.
Another reason you may need Homeowners Insurance is because it is required by your Mortgage Lender. While it’s not mandatory by state law like auto insurance, you typically need home insurance if you are financing the house. Should you fail to keep your home insured then your Lender will likely “force place” coverage on your property which means that they will purchase homeowners insurance in your name and add the payments to your monthly mortgage bill.
With the right Homeowners Insurance coverage, you’ll feel comfortable knowing that, in the event of a disaster, you and your property are protected.
You can submit your information for a Home Insurance quote or speak to one of our licensed Insurance Agents @ 901-465-0011 to learn how you can better protect yourself and your family today. We look forward to working with you!